Pages

Monday, September 23, 2013

sponsor spotlight: lindsey shaun photography

We are crazy elated that Mrs. Lindsey Shaun will be photographing our luncheon tomorrow.  This girl certainly is a talented little shutterbug, and she lights a fire in our wedding hearts.  And bonus?  She's a bona fide ball of hilarity.  Enjoy getting to know her in her own words!


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to believe that I started shooting weddings when digital photography did NOT exist.  Not going to lie, makes me feel a little prehistoric.  However, as the digital world grew and changed (in good ways), I decided I would let my photography and creative eye evolve with it.


I have worked so incredibly hard at building my business.  At the time I started, the industry was packed with pompous old men.  Yes, I will say that.  I was hired by a bride to come and shoot all black and white photo-journalistic shots, while she hired another guy to do all of her "professional" color wedding photography.  He continually was turning his back on me, ignoring me, and shutting me out--I had to fight for my moment and for my shots.  This happened so often it became discouraging, but I didn't let that stop me.  Because for any of you that know me, you know that can't happen!  I stuck with it and found solace in the images I could create with a combination of my ideas, my camera and a beautiful bride... and slowly word of my work spread.


The industry today is an entirely different world.  Photographers talk, share, and are friends.  I admire how open people are with one another and sometimes find myself wondering if I seem like that old pompous photographer that is scared to share.  So, I then push myself again to be open.  I answer photographer's questions.  I offer mentoring sessions where photographers can have a look into my "life" and workflow as a photographer.  I am not afraid to ask questions myself, and most importantly I look at the industry openly (NOT closed).  We are all creatives here--brainstorming new ideas,  thinking of new trends, and branching out from ourselves.


I feel blessed to have come this far and built Lindsey Shaun Photography into what it is today.  I absolutely adore my brides.  I will forever and always melt over the images I shoot, and that continues to give me the drive to push myself, my thoughts and my creative boundaries--to show others how I view the world or how I would want things viewed.   I will never never stop learning, growing, and sharing."

No comments:

Post a Comment