Pages

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Spring 2013 Photography Sponsor: Opie Foto

Our spring luncheon is fast approaching and we are excited about what is in the works. Official invites and details likely will be posted in the very near future and we will soon be officially open for RSVPS so keep a watchful eye!

Our photography sponsor this time around is the eclectic and talented Chauntelle Janzer, otherwise known as Opie! 


This beauty is as unique as she appears to be and we enjoy her transparent personality and artistic style. She creates visually unique and relevant work. She joins us with some thoughts about who she is both personally and artistically! 


I am doing what I love and it cannot get any better than that. When I'm shooting incredible people in amazing locations the rest of the world just melts away. I become wrapped up in the moment and my creative flow. I've been shooting weddings for 5 years and have shot over 100 weddings.


People often ask if I went to school. The answer is YES! I have a Bachelors Degree in Photography with a minor in Art and Technology; nearly 6 years of fine art education! I have to give myself credit for that! I believe in continued education. I am constantly learning new things about photography and teaching myself new things every day.

I have a lot of people ask me how I got into photography. The truth is, I originally wanted to be a graphic designer but after planning my own wedding I became obsessed with wedding images. I started out with a "must have" list of photos I loved and then it grew into a "must shoot" list after the wedding. I quickly changed my fine art major from graphic design to photography. When I was little I wanted to be an "art teacher" and entered all the school art contests. I made a macaroni and glitter space ship drawing, took pictures of my cat, and wrote and illustrated my own books. I even won a bicycle from a pumpkin carving contest. I look back at all of that now and laugh, but I can see now that it all lead up to me being an independent artist.



My friends and clients call me "Opie" which came from a nickname I got in junior high school. Basically it's short for Ophelia from the play Hamlet. I was one of those drama geeks that hung out with the computer geeks and band geeks. I'm married to the most amazing man and he does software development for a living. We live together in a small brick home in Sugar House, Utah. We have one little boy named Desmond, 3 cats, and 2 dogs. My favorite color is red. I love good food with a lot of flavor (Mexican, Indian, Thai, Japanese). My favorite music is a mix of techno, alternative, and pop. My favorite video game is world of warcraft. I like to rock climb and ride my bike. I love to travel but I hate to fly. I'm terrified of wasps. I make lots of "To Do" lists and I'm overly organized. I crack jokes that no ones laughs at. I am easily amused. I love adventures, no matter how big or small. I love the whole wedding experience. I love wedding cake. I love my job, my life, and my future.



Thanks Opie! We are so excited to have you on for our spring 2013 lunch @ La Caille and adore who you are and how well you embrace your uniqueness! Not to mention your great works! We know it will all be captured well! If your coming take a minute to grab a pic of you and a few peers and get to know Opie! 

1 comment:

  1. I love everything about Opie! She is a spectacular photographer and a wonderful friend. Can't wait for the luncheon!

    ReplyDelete