Pages

Monday, April 23, 2012

sponsor spotlight: life of the party entertainment

We are happy to introduce you to another spring luncheon sponsor, Rob Ferre of Life of the Party Entertainment.  He will be providing the entertainment + all the techy stuff (yes, that is the technical term) for our luncheon next week. 

Rob was kind enough to share with us some of his thoughts about his company.  Thanks, Rob!  Take it away...

"As we gear up for another Women in Weddings event I am honored once again to be one of the chosen few men who gets to participate. Today, I wanted to you to get to know me, DJ Rob, and my business Life of the Party Entertainment. My roots are in entertainment and that got me interested in taking my talents to do something to make a little money and enjoy the work I do at the same time. After I graduated from college at Southern Utah University 2003 I decided to embark upon an adventure to work for Disney in Orlando Florida. At first it wasn’t glamorous but I was able to eventually find my niche as DJ entertainer not only working for Disney but for Universal Studios and the Nickelodeon Hotel. I spent three years in what I call my “Master’s Degree in Family and Corporate Entertainment”. I decided to move back to Utah and dive right into the wedding industry. I started Life of the Party Entertainment 5 years ago and have learned a lot about the wedding industry and have grown a lot to get my business to where it is today.

Now here is my philosophy on weddings as it relates to music. I believe music is the center piece of any celebration because that's what I believe weddings are, a celebration of two people. I always ask my clients what do you want your guests to walk away thinking about your wedding. Do you want them thinking “Oh, that was nice...” or “That was an amazing and fun wedding and I can’t believe how much we danced.” A great DJ with great music will keep the guests at the wedding engaged on the dance floor through out the event. Being up to date with the latest and greatest music will more often have your guests wanting to keep dancing.


I believe I offer a unique product that helps me stand out from other wedding entertainers. I like to brand myself as: Classy, Stylish, and Fun.


Classy:
Being a DJ is a full time job for me, not just a weekend gig. I will do a lot of work on the back end before the event takes place. I meet with the bride and groom. I go over the time line and details of the wedding so that everything will go smoothly once their wedding arrives. I am constantly watching the clock and keeping the pace the of evening so that the flow is perfect.
I will make announcements and play the part of emcee for the wedding. I will do the introductions for the grand entrance of the wedding party. I will conduct the toasts for the bride and groom. I like to keep things classy and under control.



Stylish:
I like to dress the part of wedding DJ that will blend in perfectly into your wedding party. I like to wear ties that are complimentary to the colors of my client’s weddings. You won’t see me in a cheesy vest or tuxedo that you may have seen an employee at Hollywood Video wear. I will act the part of a DJ that won’t embarrass the bride and groom once I get onto the microphone. My style on the microphone will fit the tone of the event. 


 
Fun:
I am the kind of guy who will get out on the dance floor and lead everyone in what I call an icebreakers or interactive dances. When there is a lull in the evening I will break out something like the cupid shuffle and get everyone back out on the dance floor. Once the guests are back dancing I know my job is done. I won’t stay out on the dance floor yelling into the mic for people to put their hands up in the air. I know exactly the right amount of interaction that is needed to get people dancing and involved. I don’t need to be the center of attention because it is all about the bride and groom.


So my advice for any person that is looking to make their wedding unique and memorable is to find the right style of entertainment that will make their wedding stand out from the rest."

1 comment:

  1. If this is a women in wedding blog, why is there a male DJ?! I know a great female DJ that specializes in weddings.

    ReplyDelete