Pages

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

spotlight: brandi webb of alexis june creative

There's a talented new stationer in town, and we wanted you all to have the chance to get to know Brandi Webb of Alexis June Creative. Take it away Brandi....

..................................................................................................................................................


www.alexisjune.com / 801.928.0655 / hello@alexisjune.com


Tell us a little about your company and how you got into your field of expertise:

I started my career as a journalist in the Air Force where I was also responsible for all of the layout, design and photography of the base newspaper. This sparked my creative interest and after being honorably discharged from the military I continued to work on my craft. My experience varies from corporate creative to small business design and my personal love custom stationery.

Alexis June Creative is named after my two daughters Kierstyn {Alexis} and Kaija {June}. AJC was launched with the idea that design should make a statement and be personalized to reflect the person or company for whom it was created. With 10+ years of experience as an art director and graphic designer, I am committed to making each project unforgettable. When it comes to your wedding invitation, baby announcement or corporate identity, no one should have to settle for a design they don’t truly love.


Tell us about your family.

I’m the oldest of five girls and my mom is very creative. Growing up, she always went all out in decorating and hosting the most amazing parties. She also paints and now has her own floral design business in Illinois. I’m married and have two beautiful daughters. Kierstyn is thirteen and wants to be a fashion designer and Kaija is three and in love with Justin Bieber. My husband, Ryan, who has his MBA from Notre Dame, owns his own recruiting and business consulting company. Together we live in the Avenues.


What are three things people would be surprised to know about you?

1) I was in the Air Force

2) I’m originally from a small farming town in Illinois

3) Obsessed with New York City


Favorites:

Restaurant: Mesa Grill. We lived in Las Vegas for five years and had the chance to dine at many of the award-winning restaurants, but the filet at Mesa Grill is the best I’ve ever had.

Movie: Footloose – the original. It’s a classic and I’ve passed my love of this movie onto my daughters. We watch it at least once a month.

Band: Rascal Flatts. I’ve seen them in concert several times and our wedding song was one of theirs – God Bless the Broken Road.

Vacation Destination: New York City. The sites and sounds suck me in and it’s always been my dream to live there. I’ve been to the city twice this year and I can’t wait until our next trip – fingers crossed it is January!

Season: Fall. And who doesn’t love sweater and boot season?

Quote: I’m a quote / inspiration lover so it’s hard to pick just one, but I would have to say one of my favorites is: “There are so many people out there who will tell you that you can’t. What you’ve got to do is turn around and say ‘watch me.’” –source unknown.


What are two words that describe you personally and professionally?

Two words that describe me personally and professionally are honest and driven. Growing up in the Midwest taught me these values and I find that people from Utah hold the same characteristics. I always try to represent this in my work and strive to deliver original and personalized designs to my clients.


As Thanksgiving is coming up, what are the five things for which you are most grateful?

1) God

2) My family

3) Our health

4) Creative talents

5) New opportunities. The past year has been an amazing ride and I look forward to all that 2012 will bring.


Any additional thoughts?

I feel like design balances out my busy life and gives me an outlet to learn and grow daily. When a project is complete, I can relax with my family and at the end of the day that is what is most important.

....................................................................................................................................................

Thanks a million for completing the spotlight, Brandi!

4 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for the spotlight. This is such an honor!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great spotlight and love your work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brandi, what a great feature! Congratulations. Didn't know that you were an Illinois girl too.

    ReplyDelete