Pages

Monday, September 5, 2011

Fall 2011 Sponsor: Life of the Party Entertainment

We are thrilled (and you should be, too!) to have Life of the Party Entertainment on board as a sponsor for our upcoming luncheon! Please enjoy the following sponsor-feature from Rob Ferre*, Owner at Life of the Party:

"More than ever this wedding season I have seen the benefits from having seasoned wedding professionals at wedding events. As a DJ I often work hand in hand with vendors from the caterers to the photographers. I feel it is important with my job that I know every vendor and their outline for the evening’s events. As a wedding DJ I just don’t press play when it comes to the music I make sure that the pacing of the of the event is executed to perfection. I find it hard when all the vendors aren’t on the same page and everyone is constantly changing plans to fit their agenda.

We all know weddings don’t go according to plan but wedding professionals know how to adapt to the situation. When there isn’t a coordinator or planner present, I take it upon myself to make sure the other vendors know what is coming next and changes have been made. We work as a team, working towards the same goal to make sure the client is beyond satisfied that the event went flawlessly.

It surprising to me to know that some coordinators or planners don’t trust their DJs enough to make the announcements or quick decisions that are needed at a wedding. Sometimes they are surprised when I make those announcements and give suggestions as to what should happen next. I don’t blame the coordinators I blame the other DJs that have come before me. It often makes me wonder what the other DJs out there are doing or not doing. My goal is to make the client happy and coordinate with the vendors to make sure they shine as well.

We are all part of a team to make our client’s most important day the best it can be."


*Rob Ferre is an interactive Disc Jockey with Life of the Party Weddings and a part of the American Disc Jockey Association. For more information go to www.LOTPweddings.com

No comments:

Post a Comment